A professional housekeeper’s primary role is to manage, direct, and oversee the daily details and general operation of a home. This requires meticulous upkeep and maintenance of the formal/informal residence to ensure that each aspect of the home is operating at peak efficiency and also that the housekeeper assist the principal with overall household management.
Housekeeping services and responsibilities often include deep cleaning, organizing, laundry/ironing, shopping for household supplies, vendor supervision, cooking for the family, scheduling contractors, and supervising home maintenance projects. This position also provides additional support to the principals and assistance with hands-on services, such as shopping for personal items, coordinating weekly dinner menus, running errands, and occasionally working nights or weekends to maintain the home and provide assistance with the pets when the principals are away.
Why Choose Pavillion for Housekeeping Services?
You have a lot of options available when you’re looking to hire Housekeeping Services, but hiring the best housekeeper for your home can be an overwhelming process that raises numerous concerns. This is why families across the U.S. trust Pavillion Agency for their household staffing needs. We have been the leader in the field of personal service since 1962 and have an expert team with over 200 years of combined experience to connect you to the very best housekeeping candidates.
Our professional screening process is second to none and encompasses an in-person interview, extensive reference checks, and thorough background checks. Our company is proud of our team’s ability to listen to our clients’ needs and match them with the very best candidates to meet those needs. We work with the finest housekeepers in the country and value your time and trust. To best serve your housekeeping needs, we have offices in New York City, Los Angeles, and Miami, and we also have a strong presence in the following cities: Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Greenwich, Hamptons, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C.
What Hiring a Housekeeper Can Do for Your Family
Busy families rarely have the time or energy to keep a house looking spotless and beautiful week after week. This is especially a challenge for families with children, that work long hours, that have numerous responsibilities and commitments, that have large homes, and that simply detest cleaning chores. When you work with Pavillion to hire a housekeeper, you will have more time to spend doing quality activities with your family members rather than wasting precious weekend time doing cleaning tasks. Professional housekeeping services through Pavillion will help you experience more freedom and joy in your life while minimizing burdens, stress, undesirable work, and time-consuming projects.
What are the General Housekeeping Responsibilities?
While housekeeping services vary somewhat from one home to the next, these are some of the most common housekeeping responsibilities that a Pavillion housekeeper can assist you with.
- Deep, thorough cleaning and organizing the house from top to bottom
- Vacuum surfaces and disinfect sanitary areas
- Dust fine furnishings and delicate exteriors
- Vacuum, wax, and polish marble and hardwood floors
- Special care for exotic hardwood and tile surfaces, porcelain sinks, and bathtubs
- Delicate touch required when cleaning antique and modern furnishings
- Excellent knowledge in care and upkeep of fine linens, luxurious drapes, and upholstery
- Clean and polish hand-crafted chandeliers, lanterns, and mirrors
- Polish silver and hand-wash stemware and fine china
- Dust and polish elegant marble fireplaces, crown moldings and bronze staircases
- Superior laundry skills (hand-wash, steam, press using mangle)
- Kitchen maintenance, including granite countertops, copper sinks, marble floors, and kitchen cabinets
- Proper knowledge in cleaning and maintenance of high-end European appliances (washer, dryer, oven, refrigerator, TV, etc.)
- Wardrobe care, including seasonal clothes (casual wear, evening wear, couture, and shoes color-coded according to season)
- Organize linen cabinets according to the number of bedrooms
- Assist with all aspects of pet care, including, feeding, daily walks, grooming, and vet appointments
- Occasionally work nights or weekends to maintain the home and provide assistance with the pets when the principals are traveling
What are the Executive Housekeeper Duties?
Executive housekeepers are responsible for directing and coordinating operations of a housekeeping department that often involves multiple house-cleaning staff members. These valuable household professionals are staff managers, as well as expert cleaners, and typically perform the following duties.
- Manage the residence to ensure it is operating efficiently and safely
- Establish an inventory system to keep the home stocked with household supplies (food, office, floral arrangements, toiletries)
- Prepare petty cash budget and reconcile all disbursements on a weekly basis
- Develop creative ideas for improving space utilization and storage space
- Schedule and oversee maintenance of all household appliances and machines
- Coordinate contractor repairs and oversee projects to ensure repairs are completed satisfactorily
- Propose recommendations to family for repairs, furnishings, relocation of equipment and items
- Coordinate all household functions to maintain a clean and tidy home
- Establish a functional household recycling system that aligns with city requirements
- Provide hands-on assistance with planning weekly menu and prepare family (or gourmet) style meals
- Greet guests and cater to their needs
- Maintain live floral, plants, and greenery
How Can Having a Housekeeper Relieve Stress
One of the most important reasons to hire professional housekeeping services is to reduce stress in your own life and in the lives of your family members. Numerous studies have shown that people feel more stressed out when they are surrounded by clutter and unclean conditions. You may feel guilty for not keeping up with the housework that your home requires or exhausted by the mere thought of having to clean the most challenging parts of your home. But with a Pavillion housekeeper on your side, you can forget about these burdens and spend your time in better ways – pursuing your passions, supporting your family, and spending time with loved ones.
What Qualities Do I Want in My Housekeeper?
Great housekeepers share many of the same qualities, such as dedication, flexibility, loyalty, and trustworthiness. Housekeepers should be meticulous with detail, attentive to your needs and instructions, and caring about your personal possessions and your family. Housekeepers should also be discrete when sensitive situations arise, knowledgeable about appropriate cleaning methods, punctual for work shifts, and consistently hardworking in a productive and efficient way.
When you look to hire a candidate for housekeeping services, take note of the candidate’s prior work experience with housekeeping tasks, professional references from past jobs, and related skills that may come in handy as a housekeeper as your home. When you work with Pavillion, we’ll handle all these details for you and present you with the most promising candidates to choose from.
Pavillion Agencies Housekeeping Services
If your family is looking to hire a qualified housekeeper, consider working with a housekeeper agency like Pavillion Agency Inc. Engaging Pavillion to conduct a housekeeper search on your family’s behalf means that you’ll have peace of mind, be introduced to the most qualified housekeepers in the industry, and never be pressured to hire anyone until you are 100% certain of your decision.