A family in Weston, Connecticut is searching for a mature, experienced, and professional Family Assistant to successfully manage an active household. He or she must possess a good sense of humor, an easygoing, positive disposition, strong organizational skills, hard-working and dedicated, and discreet. He or she should also be courteous, efficient, and accurate since they will be responsible for directly communicating with vendors, handling messages, and overseeing deliveries. Qualifications include, but are not limited to, being computer literate, comfortable with Smart Home technology, be CPR certified (or willing to become certified), good culinary skills, and be able to make a long-term commitment to the family.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provisioning for the home: dry goods, cleaning supplies, toiletries, gifts, etc.
- Inventories of household goods, consumable and valuables
- Daily mail/package pickup and drop off
- Oversee contractors and vendors in the absence of the Estate Manager
- Maintain organization of kitchen and dry storage areas
- Cook fresh meals for family dog
- Assist in training and physical therapy for family dog
- Assist with light housekeeping and laundry as needed.
- Assist in deep cleaning and organization projects as directed by the Estate Manager
- Assist Estate Manager with travel planning for the family
- Schedule team hours, oversee scheduling of kids activities
- Assist EM with creation and implementation of household policies and procedures
- Assist EM with creating a useful, robust Household Manual
- Vehicle maintenance; gas and wash vehicles, schedule service appointments
- Household errands as directed by principals and Estate Manager
- Travel to home in Northern New England to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Maintain inventory of dry goods and food stock
- Act as housekeeper while family is in residence
- Cook simple, healthy family meals
The general schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, but flexibility to work earlier, later, or stay overnight may be required. Additional domestic and international travel may be required as well. A generous compensation package is offered for the right candidate.